Friday, February 15, 2008

Ashton Kutcher and the Spy Satellite

According to my trusty local news, which is always correct, always on time, and the best that Sacramento has to offer, the US government is going to shoot down a dead spy satellite.

The first thing that came to my mind was...what? What kind of satellite did they say? Then Dave repeated it, and I realized I had not heard incorrectly, but started to picture what a dead spy satellite might look like. Not at all, I'm sure, what one actually looks like, but entertaining nonetheless.

Then this morning, the Today Show was discussing this plan. NBC even had a nifty little computer animation (I love it when they pretend to be scientists!) of the rocket crashing into the satellite, thereby smashing the dead spy satellite into a million dead spy satellite pieces. Apparently the government expects the pieces to be small enough to burn up in the atmosphere upon entry.

Sure.

Except.

Did anyone in the government ever watch Armageddon? Did we not learn our lesson when Bruce Willis had to heroically blow himself up because the asteroid did not break up as planned? I will always miss Bruce.

That tragedy leaves only one suitor to sacrifice himself when this plan goes awry: Ashton Kutcher. Demi is going to be heart broken! The loss of two men. OK. One man and one of her children/husbands. And the rumor is, Rumer is quite fond of Ashton too. OK I made that up, but I had to, because her name is Rumer. Rumer Willis.

But I digress. Back to the point. I think the government really needs to reconsider this plan and all its disastrous consequences. For the sake of the people of the United States. And especially, for the sake of Demi.

No comments: