June 22, 2008. It is a normal day for most people. Breakfast, church for many, maybe some time by the pool, work for others. But today for me should be a hard day.
Six years ago today I made, what I consider, one of the worst decisions of my life. Ok I guess I didn’t really make that decision THAT day. It technically was made for months, even years prior to that day. But that day was the day I sealed the deal.
And the funny thing is, there was no doubt on that day, that I should do it. I never questioned my choice while I was getting ready. I never questioned it while all the people were gathering in my parent’s house. I never questioned it while we posed in the back yard. Or on the boat. Not once.
I was happy. It made sense. Everything was going to be perfect.
Six years ago today I became a statistic. One of the many people, I’m sure, who on that day became a married person headed for divorce.
And while it was probably one of the worst decisions of my life, I don’t completely regret it. I have this wonderful child, who without making that decision, probably would not be on this earth now.
And I have wisdom that I did not have at 21 years old. Yes, I’m only 27 now, but in terms of experience, I feel much older.
Sure. It wasn’t a good decision. But I think I’m finally ok with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment